Artichoke Dip Bread Bowl
· 2 16 oz. sourdough bread rounds, divided
· Vegetable oil
· 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, drained
· 1 1.4-oz envelope vegetable soup mix
· 1 garlic clove, pressed
· 1 lemon (2 T) or lemon juice
· 8 oz. sour cream
· Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Using a Bread Knife, slice off top of one bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4 1/2-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip.
2. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of a large round stone. Arrange bread cubes around the bowl and spray with vegetable oil.
3. In a Bowl, mix the cream cheese and milk until smooth.
4. Chop the artichokes using a Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic to bowl; mix well.
5. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp. juice. Stir juice and sour cream into artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.
6. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes.
7. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and serve immediately.