Jalapeno Baked Popper Dip
Updated: Dec 15, 2022
6 fresh jalapenos
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
¾ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
10-12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (save some to sprinkle on the top)
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
3 Scallions, diced, reserve some for the top
1. Roast 4 jalapenos and then dice. (include seeds if you like it spicy), slice the other 2 (remove the seeds) into rounds and save for the top.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. With a mixer on medium speed, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic powder until fluffy.
4. Add cheddar cheese, ¾ cup parmesan cheese, diced jalapenos, and bacon (remember to save a couple crumbled slices for the top) mix well.
5. Spread into an 8x8 baking dish.
6. Combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese, and scallions.
7. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cream cheese mixture.
8. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbled bacon and scallions.
9. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Serve warm with crackers or chips.