Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
• 8 large fresh strawberries, or as needed
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
• 1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 drop red food coloring, or as needed (optional)
• 5 T water
• 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/3 Cup non-dairy creamer
• ¾ Cup Crisco (vegetable shortening)
• 5 Cups Confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 12 cupcake cups with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners.
2. Place 8 strawberries into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the puree through a strainer to remove seeds. Puree should equal about 3/4 cup. Set the puree aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, white sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and strawberry puree until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla pudding mix.
5. Add to the batter slowly and mix all together until smooth. Add the red food coloring to reach a desired shade of pink. (if desired) Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake cups, filling each about ¾ full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the cupcakes have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
To make Frosting:
To a mixing bowl add the water, vanilla, non-dairy creamer and Crisco. Mix until creamy and then add in the confectioners' sugar. Continue mixing until you have a nice creamy texture.
When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost each cupcake and top each cupcake with a strawberry slice.