Tips From Pips
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Skillet
Updated: Sep 29, 2022
• 3 T butter, divided
• 2.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 2 T chicken broth
• 2 Heads of fresh broccoli steamed or stir fried until tender. (You can also use frozen broccoli, cooked and drained)
• 4 T minced garlic
• 1 oz. cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 T Italian seasoning
• ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
• ¼ cup pepper jack cheese, grated or chopped into small pieces (I used slices)
• 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, grated or chopped into small pieces
1. Melt 1 T of butter in a large skillet.
2. Season sliced chicken with salt & pepper and place in the skillet. Sear on both sides.
3. Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer on low until the chicken is no longer pink.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5. Deglaze the pan by pouring 2 tbsp. chicken broth into the pan and stirring.
6. If you haven’t yet cooked your fresh or frozen broccoli, cook it at this time.
7. While the broccoli is cooking, add 2 tbsp. butter to the skillet along with the minced garlic.
8. Add softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and Italian seasoning to the minced garlic, then stir continuously with a whisk on medium heat until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
9. Reduce to a medium/low heat and allow the sauce to simmer until the heavy whipping cream has reduced and thickened. Keep whisking so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
10. Once it has thickened, add the parmesan and pepper jack cheeses then continue to stir until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
11. Add the chicken and cooked broccoli to the sauce and stir until combined.
12. Finally, add the mozzarella cheese to the top, let melt and stir to combine all.
13. Serve over rice or pasta if desired.