Mini Apple Crumb Pie Nooks
Updated: Dec 16, 2022
Ingredients: (makes 12)
5 large apples
2 Ready-Made Pie crusts
½ Cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Cups quick cooking rolled oats
2 Cups packed brown sugar
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1. Roll out the ready- made pie crusts, (one at a time) and cut out 6 large circles. (I used the bottom of a big, tall cup) Place each circle into the bottom and up the sides of a large six- cup muffin tin. Repeat the same with the second pie crust for the second muffin tin.
2. Peel and slice the apples into thin wedges. Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon with the apple slices.
3. Make the Crumb topping. Mix the oats, brown sugar, and flour together. Add the softened butter and mix together with a fork until it is thoroughly mixed and holding together.
4. Place approx. 1 cup of apples into each crusted muffin tin. Take the crumb topping and form into a ball and flatten to cover the top of the apples in each muffin tin and press down to seal.
5. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the top is browned and bubbly.
6. Let cool on a wire rack in the pans and then remove each one carefully and let cool completely on the wire rack.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. A sure favorite!