Tips From Pips
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Crumb Topping
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ Cup Brown sugar
¼ Cup Almond Flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 T butter, softened
2 T Quaker quick oats
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a Bundt Pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. To a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Mix all to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
6. Combine the crumb topping ingredients together and cut in the butter until they all come together and resemble crumbs.
7. Add the crumb topping to the top of the batter.
8. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely on a rack. When cool, invert onto a plate, and then invert again so the crumb topping is on top!