Tips From Pips
Street Corn Macaroni Salad
Updated: Nov 9, 2022
4-6 ears of leftover corn on the cob
Salt, pepper (for seasoning the corn)
½cup sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup grated cotija cheese
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped, optional
½ pound cooked elbow macaroni
1. Cut the corn off the leftover cobs.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the corn, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently, sauté for 5-7 minutes until it starts to char. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, and lime juice in a bowl.
5. Add the mayo mixture into the sauteed corn. Stir in the cotija cheese and then add to the macaroni. Mix all together while macaroni is still warm. (This melts the cheese for super flavor!) Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm.
6. Store in the refrigerator. You can also serve cold or heat up individual leftover servings. (I prefer it served warm)