Apple Oatmeal Crisp Cookies
Updated: Dec 16, 2022
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ½ cup butter, softened
· ½ cup light brown sugar
· ¼ cup granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
· 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces)
· Topping: 4 T white sugar mixed with 3 T cinnamon.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chopped apple until fully combined.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
5. Scoop out by tablespoons onto the lined cookie sheets and sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the top of each cookie.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes about 2 dozen.