Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread
· 1/2 c. melted butter, plus more butter for pan · 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for pan · 1 tsp. baking soda · 1/4 tsp. kosher salt · 3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar, divided · 1/4 c. buttermilk · 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract · 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, divided · 3 ripe bananas, mashed
· 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, butter, buttermilk, vanilla, 1 egg and egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in the mashed bananas.
4. Make cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, stir together remaining egg, cream cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons each flour and sugar.
5. Transfer half the batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with remaining batter and bake until deeply golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, approx. 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.