Chicken Cheese Stuffed Shells
Updated: Sep 28, 2022
1 (12 oz.) box jumbo pasta shells
2 Cups cooked, shredded chicken (use from leftover chicken the night before)
1 (10 oz.) package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
½ Cup parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (24 oz.) jar of pasta sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta until it is al-dente. (24 shells) Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Combine the chicken, spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, basil and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a large bowl.
3. Spread about half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
4. Stuff the chicken filling into the shells. Place the shells on top of the pasta sauce in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the shells. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.