Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Skillet
Updated: Dec 13, 2022
1 – 2lbs. chicken cutlets
4 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 T garlic powder
½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional) for garnishment
2 – 3 T Cornstarch (for thickening) (mixed with water)
1) Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
2) Add 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes. Increase heat to high, add wine and cook until it has mostly evaporated, about 6-8 minutes.
3) Reduce heat to medium; stir in cream and add some more salt and pepper. If the sauce is still too thin – add the cornstarch mixed with water to the pan and stir until a nice thickness.
4) Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and sprinkled with the fresh basil.
5) Top with the cheddar cheese if desired.