Tips From Pips
Fried Cauliflower with Honey Sauce
Updated: Nov 9, 2022
1 large head of cauliflower cut into slices
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
3 large eggs
Vegetable, Olive or Avocado oil for frying
¾ Cup honey
2 tsp hot sauce
1. Cut the cauliflower head into slices and place into a large skillet with enough water to come halfway up the sides of the cauliflower. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and steam until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
2. While the cauliflower is simmering, in a shallow bowl, combine the flour and the spices together. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
3. Toss the cauliflower into the flour mixture, then dip in the eggs, then dip into the flour mixture again until completely coated.
4. In the same skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 inch of the oil until it starts to bubble. Add the cauliflower pieces and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
5. Mix the honey and hot sauce together and serve with the cauliflower.