1-pound ground Italian sausage
½ large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (18 to 22 oz.) package frozen cheese tortellini
1 (14-16 oz.) jar pizza sauce
1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 (3.5 oz.) package pepperoni, divided
1/2 tsp salt, pepper
1 (8 oz.) package of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking dish.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onions until cooked and no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Drain away the grease.
3) In a large bowl, combine the uncooked tortellini, pizza sauce, cheddar cheese soup, Italian sausage with the onions and garlic, ¾ of the peperoni, salt, pepper and half of the cheese. Stir to combine.
4) Pour the mixture in the prepared dish and top with the remaining cheese.
5) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese is melted.