Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Shrooms over Sausage
Updated: Nov 11, 2022
• 1-pound fresh Brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut into thin slices
• 16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
• ¼ Cup chopped Red onion
• 3 T Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1-pound seasoned chicken sausage (I used Alfresco Roasted Garlic)
• 2 roasted garlic (pre-made) cloves, or regular garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
• Salt, pepper to season
• Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat 2 nonstick baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Spread the Brussel sprouts onto one baking sheet, and the mushrooms onto the other.
3. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil over each.
4. Roast both for 15 to 20 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden, and the Brussel sprouts are tender.
5. While they are in the oven, heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Slice the sausage into ½” chunks. Add 1 T olive oil and add the onion and sausage to the pan. Cook until the sausage is browned, 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and stir.
6. Add the crushed tomatoes and more salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
7. Add to bowls, the Brussel sprouts and mushrooms and top with the sausage sauce. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.