Stacked Stuffing, Chicken & Squash Casserole
Updated: Nov 14, 2022
3 T Olive oil (reserved)
2 lbs. chicken tenders
6 garlic cloves, minced (reserved)
5 fresh basil leaves chopped (or 2 T spice)
1 T oregano (or 2 sprigs fresh)
1 14 oz. bag herb seasoned stuffing mix
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
½ cup ½& ½ milk
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
3 small yellow squash
1 medium zucchini squash
8 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 T spice)
1) In a large skillet, add 2 T olive oil. Add 3 minced garlic cloves and chicken tenders. Add the salt, pepper and oregano. Sauté until chicken is cooked through.
2) Add the cream of chicken soup and milk to the chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes until heated through. Top with the basil leaves or spice. Set aside.
3) While the chicken is cooking, sauté the sliced squash in 1 T olive oil with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook until tender, but not mushy.
4) Make the herb seasoned stuffing according to package directions and line the stuffing on the bottom of a casserole dish or 9 x 11 baking pan.
5) Once the chicken and squash are cooked, layer the Chicken on top of the stuffing. Sprinkle with 4 oz. of the cheddar cheese. Then layer the squash on top of the chicken and top with the remaining 4 oz. cheddar cheese. Top with additional basil leaves.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve!