Blueberry Crumble Muffins
Updated: Dec 14, 2022
yield: 10 TO 12 MUFFINS prep time: 20 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES
FOR THE MUFFINS:
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or Frozen (do not thaw)
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons Ghee or butter @room temperature
1/4 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray standard muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use baking cup liners, and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the egg, milk, and oil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir. Do not over mix.
5. Fold in the blueberries. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into muffin tin.
6. Prepare the crumble topping. (I filled 10 cups)
For the crumb topping:
1. In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients with a fork, until crumbly.
2. Sprinkle over each muffin.
3. Bake until crumb topping is a bit golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 - 25 minutes. Let rest in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool.
Enjoy for Breakfast or Dessert!