Tips From Pips
Cauliflower Cheesy Casserole
Updated: Nov 14, 2022
· 2 lbs. cauliflower florets
· 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
· 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
· 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 4 tablespoons heavy cream
· 2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
· 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
· 1 clove garlic, chopped
· Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz. of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz. of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
4. Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic, and set aside.
5. Drain any liquid from the steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture and stir together. Add salt and pepper for taste.
6. Pour into a 3-quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
7. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly. Around 10 more minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!