Tips From Pips
Cinnamon Raisin Oat Squares
Updated: Dec 14, 2022
· 2 Cups Rolled Oats
· 1 Cup Flour
· ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
· 1 tsp. Cinnamon
· ½ tsp. Baking Soda
· ¾ Cup Butter, melted
· 1 Cup Raisins
· ¼ Cup Apricot Jam or Orange Marmalade
· Cinnamon Icing (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9” square pan.
2. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix well.
3. Stir in the melted butter until evenly mixed.
4. Remove 1 cup crumb mixture and set aside.
5. Press the remaining mixture into the square pan.
6. Combine the raisins and Jam with the reserved one cup of the crumb mixture and sprinkle over the layer in the pan.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
8. Cool in the pan and drizzle with the cinnamon icing recipe below.
Blend ½ Cup powdered sugar with ¼ tsp. cinnamon and 2 T milk to make a thin icing.