Tips From Pips
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Updated: Dec 15, 2022
½ lb. baby peeled carrots, or fresh carrots peeled
2 large eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups 1% milk
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup raisins or cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the carrots into a food processor until they are mashed.
2. Place the carrots in a large bowl and add the eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Stir these ingredients together until well combined.
3. Add the milk to the bowl and stir until well combined again. Finally, add the rolled oats, walnuts and raisins and stir again until combined. Pour the oat mixture into a 3- quart casserole dish or pan coated with non-stick spray.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the mixture is slightly golden brown on top and a knife inserted comes out clean. Serve immediately.
5. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.