Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups rolled oats (not steel cut)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup 1% or 2% lowfat milk mixed with 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup sweetened cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, milk with vinegar, sugar, egg and vanilla until well-mixed. Add the applesauce mixture to the oatmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Stir in the walnuts and cranberries.
5. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with cooking spray. Fill 2/3 of the way full.
6. Bake for 15-16 minutes until golden browned and toothpick inserted comes out clean.