Tips From Pips
Updated: Dec 13, 2022
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 lb. Smoked, cooked Knackwurst, sliced
• 1 lb. Cheddar filled smoked, cooked sausage, sliced
• 1 lb. frozen cooked large shrimp thawed and rinsed
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1 Can French Onion Soup
• 1 small onion diced (about 1 cup)
• 1 medium green pepper diced (about 1 cup)
• 1 medium yellow pepper diced (about 1 cup)
• 1 medium orange pepper diced (about 1 cup)
• 1 large tomato chopped
• 1 T Creole seasoning (or Cajun)
• 1 Cup Mild Salsa
• Basil, fresh, chopped for garnish
• Spanish Rice cooked according to package directions (about 4 cups)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, garlic, onion, all peppers, tomato and creole seasoning and cook until the chicken is just browned, and the vegetables are just beginning to soften, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the knackwurst, smoked sausage, onion soup and salsa into the skillet and cook covered for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
3. Add in the cooked shrimp last and stir until heated, then blend in the cooked rice and mix all together. Garnish with the fresh chopped basil and serve!