Shrimp Cakes with Lemon-Mayo Sweet Sauce
Updated: Dec 13, 2022
• 1 lb. large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
• 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 Tablespoons parsley
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
Lemon–Mayo Sweet Sauce:
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tsp sugar
• 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove finely minced
How to Make Shrimp Cakes:
1. Dice shrimp into ½” sized pieces.
2. Transfer chopped shrimp to a large mixing bowl. Add the shredded mozzarella, 1 egg, mayonnaise, parsley, salt and black pepper. Stir together then add the flour and mix until batter is well combined.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add about ¼ cup of the seafood mixture and flatten out the tops of the cakes so they are about 1/2" thick patties. 4. Sauté about 3 - 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on the edges and cooked through.
How to Make Lemon–Mayo Sweet Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and minced garlic clove.
Stir to combine. Serve over the Shrimp Cakes!