January 28, 2022
The month is almost over. Have you started your health happiness journey yet?
If not, why not? There is no time like the beginning of the year to get started on one of the most important decisions of your life. To save your life! What more of an incentive do you need than that?
The way I see it you have two choices:
One – To sit on your butt thinking of what you need to do and then doing absolutely nothing. Or
Two – Thinking about what you need to do and then acting and doing something about it.
“There are currently over 321,000,000 human beings in the Unites States, 69% of them are overweight, from which 35% are obese. Overweight, obesity and morbid obesity are serious health problems that affect societies all over the world – especially in the United States.”
Need reasons why you should lose weight? How about some of these:
· Weight Loss Reduces the Risk of Diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common comorbidities associated with obesity.
· Lighter Weight Means Healthier Heart.
· Decreased Cancer Risk After Weight Loss.
· Lose Weight to Fight Metabolic Disorders.
Need Incentives to lose weight?
Here are 10 tips to help you get started:
1. Determine Why You Want to Lose Weight. To feel better!
2. Have Realistic Expectations. It’s not going to happen overnight!
3. Focus on reaching your Goals. You can do this! Plan ahead.
4. Pick a Plan That Fits Your Lifestyle. Diets don’t work, but a lifestyle change does!
5. Keep track of your weight loss. Use a tracker app or write in a journal.
6. Celebrate Your Successes. Not with Food! But with a favorite activity!
7. Find Social Support. Lean on your close friends and family.
8. Make a Commitment. Stick with it and hold yourself accountable!
9. Think Positive thoughts. Negativity never gets anyone anywhere!
10. Plan for Challenges and Setbacks. You may stray off the path every now and then, but that’s o.k. just get yourself back on track!
11. Start an exercise routine. Any type of movement works!
Don’t put off tomorrow what you need to do for yourself today! You are important. Put yourself first and get motivated. You can do this, you are meant to be a happier, healthier person - so go for it!
Start right now! Your body will thank you for it!