Tips From Pips
Zucchini & Blueberry Crumble Muffins
Updated: Dec 15, 2022
(Makes 12 extra- large muffins – use large muffin tin)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
½ Cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup olive oil
½ cup milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup fresh blueberries
Muffin Crumb Topping Ingredients:
1 Cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 Cup packed brown sugar
½ Cup all-purpose flour
½ Cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 large muffin cups with cooking spray
2. Combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
3. Whisk olive oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract into a separate bowl until smooth; stir into the flour mixture until batter is just moistened.
4. Fold zucchini and blueberries into the batter.
5. Fill prepared muffin tins ¾ full with the batter.
6. Make the crumb topping: Mix the rolled oats, brown sugar and flour together in a medium size bowl. Add the softened butter and mix together with a fork until you have soft crumbs.
7. Add the crumb topping by the spoonful on top of each muffin batter until all used up.
8. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. 25 to 35 minutes. Cool on a rack.