Finding our Happy Place - Part II - tips to getting yourself there.
Finding our Happy Place… Part II – Tips to getting yourself there.
Why do we want to find our happy place? Because you want to, and because you need to.
You want to because you want to live the rest of your life, happy, right? You need to because you need to become a healthier person and spend your days active and fulfilled, right? If you said Yes and Yes, then you are on your way to moving into that place any day now! No more couch potato for you! No more living your days just to eat, instead of living to eat, you can be just eating to live and enjoying every morsel at the same time. If you are ready to get your whole life back, and you are ready to stay in that happy place; then here are some more tips that will help you with that transition for your permanent move!
Hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen, because here I come, I’m movin in:
9) Find your Inner Strength. When you are faced with adversity, you need to dig deep and find your inner strength. Knowing how much strength you really have will help you have the self-confidence and self-esteem you never knew you had and will help you to handle whatever comes your way. Grow strength from others who are going through the same struggles as you. Remember strength comes from within yourself first before it shows on the outside. How you deal with any adversities is more important than the adversity itself.
10) Take an Inventory of your stuff. This may be easier than you think! Throwing away stuff you don’t need anymore, can be really uplifting and freeing! Do that Spring-Cleaning that you keep putting off. Clean out the old stuff that you keep holding on to year after year. Be realistic about the stuff you are never gonna use, wear or try anyway! The less “stuff” you keep in your inventory, the easier it will be for you to have all that space to follow what I call the “3 R’s” of life. Relax, Re-Evaluate and Re-Adjust!
(Aw the freedom!)
11) Educate yourself. You may feel overwhelmed and powerless as to where to start, because you are not informed. There are so many resources available now than there were say fifty years ago. When you educate yourself, you will have more knowledge which will help you feel more in control of your life.
Find the resources to help you figure out what you need to do to accomplish, reach and stay in that happy place. Educate yourself and find the tools that work the best for you and your own personal journey of mental and physical well-being. We are not all created equal. What works for one person, may not work for everyone. If you are interested in making a change, do the research and find out what will work the best for you.
12) Let go of trying to control the lives of others. When you think your child, family member, or friend is making the wrong decisions, life may not make sense to you anymore. Sometimes you want to hold on so tight, to protect them, to make life easier for them. You need to accept that you don’t have all the answers and cannot always control them. Be comfortable with not knowing. You cannot predict the outcome of every situation. You can find freedom when you accept that you can help your child, family member or friend yet at some point allow life to unfold as it comes along. Be there for them when they need you and sit back when they don’t. Have Faith that in the end, they will make the right decision, and they will thank you for listening.
13) Understand your values. Realizing who you are and what you value most can give you the wisdom and insight to face any situation. When you are clear on
your values, you will be better able to deal with unexpected changes along your
path both pleasant and unpleasant.
14) Let go of expectations. You may have ideas and thoughts about how you thought your life would unfold. When things take a major detour, in order to maintain your inner peace, you need to accept what is and move on.
There will be many chapters of your book still not written. If you look at your expectations with an open mind and heart, there will be no disappointments in the future. You can’t plan your whole entire future, expecting the outcome you think will happen. Instead, trust that you will have ideas and that they may not always turn out how you expected. Don’t get frustrated in always having to make the right decisions. ” Life should be “Unexpected”!
… and, Finally … Let go of your story. Things may not be going how you planned. Don’t add more to the situation by submersing yourself in how miserable you feel. It does not make the pain go away. Your mind remains imprisoned in the negativity. So, let it go!
I hope that all these tips I have shared will guide you on your journey to feeling better and will help you to truly find your happy place in this world.
Open that door and say, hello there, I have been waiting to meet you!
#change #changeswithourbodies #dealingwithchanges #dealingwithstress #emotionaleatingdiet #healthylifestyle #innergoddess #lifestyle #middleagedoverweight #overweight #overweightmiddleaged #weight #weightloss #weightlossblog #weightlossjourney #weightover50 #weightlossinspiration #weightlosstips #healthtips #healthhappiness #findingyourhealthhappiness #healthblog #inspirationalweightlossblog #findingyourinspirationblog #healthcourage #findingyourcourage #makingchanges #healthchanges #wellnesschanges #healthandwellnesschanges #diets #findinginnerpeace #findingyourself