Cheesecake Sugar Cookies
· 1 tube sugar cookie dough
· 8 oz. cream cheese
· ¼ Cup sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla
· ¼ tsp salt
· Red or green food coloring
· White sugar crystals and holiday sprinkles
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini or regular muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Slice the cookie dough into 24 slices (mini muffin pan) or 12 slices (regular muffin pan). Press each slice into the muffin cup, patting the sides down gently to form a well.
3. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden.
4. As soon as you take them out of the oven, use a shot glass, or bottom of a ¼ cup measuring cup to gently press down the center of each cookie. Set tray aside to cool about 10 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and cool completely on wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling in a mixer. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add the food coloring and mix.
6. Spoon the filling into each cookie cup, and top with the holiday sprinkles.
7. Refrigerate until serving.