Updated: Dec 15, 2022
8 oz. cream cheese @room temperature
1/2 cup butter (one stick) @room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together at high speed until fluffy and smooth; 1-2 minutes. Add sugar to the butter mixture and beat until fully incorporated and fluffy; 1-2 minutes more. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter mixture and mix just until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart; batter will be sticky.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Cookies should be light in color, not browned, and just starting to brown on the bottom.
6. Cool cookies and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.