Tips From Pips
Honey Butter Oven Fried Chicken
Updated: Aug 3, 2022
• 1 cup flour
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 3 -4lbs chicken thighs and wings
• Cooking Spray
To Make HONEY BUTTER SAUCE:
• ¼ cup butter
• ¼ cup honey
• ¼ cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine the flour, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a clear bag and dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
3. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray (liberally) and add pieces of floured chicken in a single layer.
4. Bake skin side down for 30 minutes.
5. While chicken is baking make the Honey Butter Sauce. In a small pan melt the butter while beating in the honey and lemon juice.
6. Turn the chicken over and pour the sauce over the chicken pieces and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve.