Roasted Parmesan Snack Chick Peas
Updated: Dec 13, 2022
• 1 can cooked chickpeas
• 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp garlic, crushed
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 2 tbsp. parmesan, grated
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain the water from the chickpeas and place them in a colander and rinse. Place them on a paper towel lined plate and cover them with paper towels. Leave for 15 minutes, allowing as much moisture as possible to transfer onto the paper.
3. Mix the oil, garlic and oregano together in a bowl. Add the parmesan and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chickpeas and stir until well combined.
4. Spread the chickpeas onto the baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times.
5. Allow the chickpeas to fully cool before removing from the sheet. This will help to keep them crunchy and stop them going chewy. Store in an air-tight jar for 2-3 days.
Try these other flavorings as well:
• salt and vinegar
• curry powder
• chili sauce
• lemon and rosemary
or sweeten them up a bit (use coconut oil instead of olive oil):
honey and cinnamon
vanilla and coconut