Tips From Pips
Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce over Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
Updated: Nov 11, 2022
• 2 large red bell peppers
• 1 large yellow pepper
• 1 large Zucchini (spiralized)
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1/4 cup fresh basil
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 4 tablespoons butter
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the seeds from the peppers and slice them into pieces. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. 2. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
3. In a skillet, cook and stir the garlic, basil, and red peppers in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, so that the flavors mix.
4. Place mixture in blender or food processor and puree to desired consistency.
5. Return puree to skillet and stir in the half-and-half, parmesan cheese, and the spiralized zucchini “zoodles” cook and stir until the zoodles are tender. About 20 minutes.
6. Add the butter and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.