Salmon Patty Cakes with Dill Tartar Sauce
Updated: Jul 23
• 1 lb. skinless salmon fillets (approx. 4 fillets)
• Olive oil
• 4 fresh garlic cloves minced
• Salt, Black pepper to taste
• 1 medium red onion (1 cup) finely diced
• 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and diced
• 3 Tbsp butter divided
• 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 2 large eggs lightly beaten
• 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely minced
• Fresh Dill for garnish
(makes approx. 8 patties)
1. Add 2 T olive oil to a large skillet and add the minced garlic and salmon filets. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until salmon is just cooked through. (about 5 mins per side) Remove from pan and let rest 10 min. Flake salmon with 2 forks then set aside and cool to room temp. 2. While the Salmon is cooking, heat a medium skillet over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and sauté until golden and softened (7-9 minutes) then remove from heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combined flaked salmon, sautéed pepper and onion, 1 cup bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, 3 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Stir to combine. Form into patties and mold with your hands into 2" wide by 1/2" thick patties.
4. In a clean non-stick pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter until hot then add salmon patties in a single layer. Sauté 3 to 4 min per side or until golden brown and cooked through. If salmon patties brown too fast, reduce heat.
5. Serve with the home-made tartar sauce – Recipe Below:
Tartar Sauce Recipe:
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup finely chopped kosher dill pickles
1 T fresh Dill
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 T finely chopped yellow onion
Combine all the ingredients together until nice and smooth and serve with the salmon patty cakes!