Tips From Pips
Find your balance.
March 11, 2022
Find your own balance!
Life is more than just a scale. How can we overcome the stigma attached to being overweight?
Oh, she has such a pretty face, too bad she is so big.
Oh, if she just wasn’t so lazy, she could lose weight.
Oh, all she needs to do is exercise and get off the couch.
Oh, she holds her weight well.
Oh, just follow a plan already and lose.
Oh, I just don’t understand how she can stay so big.
Haven’t we all heard these lines before? So much stigma is put on people with large bodies. It is not easy to lose weight for everyone. And yes, we all know we need to lose weight. Being told so many times what we should be doing is very irritating. Do we know how to achieve weight loss? Yes and no, we don’t know everything. If we did, we wouldn’t have weight issues, right?
But we can learn how to change our lifestyles, not just to lose weight, or prove to everyone else, but to become a happier, healthier version of ourselves.
Finding your own balance is the key. Finding out what works for our own journey and what doesn’t work will take either an “achieve or fail” attitude.
Not everything we do in our lives will be a win, win on our health happiness journey.
But choosing the right balance will keep us steady and on track.
Relax, you won’t find your balance overnight.
1. Take good care of yourself. Get enough sleep and exercise, eat healthfully and be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
2. Build a positive outlook. Try to maintain a "can-do" attitude. Focus your energy on things that make you feel good.
3. Laugh often. Laughter can help you to stay upbeat. Look for the humor in everyday life.
4. Learn how to relax. Take a few deep breaths and envision yourself in a peaceful place. You can also take a walk, listen to soothing music, or read a good book.
5. Make time for activities you enjoy. Schedule "me time" to do something fun.
6. Focus on the things you can control. When you feel anxious, ask yourself, "Is there anything I can do to change this situation?" If the answer is no, try to let it go.
7. Simplify your life. Get organized at home. Make a simple diet plan that will work for you.
Trust yourself, don’t listen to the stigmas and find your own balance.
The scale will tip in your favor if you let it.